About Rheumatoid Arthritis:
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disorder that affects the lining of joints, causing a painful swelling that can eventually result in bone erosion and joint deformity.
In some people, the condition can damage a wide variety of body systems, including the Skin, Eyes, Lungs, Heart and Blood Vessels.
Common Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis:
- RA Symptoms on your Joints:
- Redness & Warmth
Whole Body Symptoms:
- Muscle aches
- Poor appetite
- Bad all over (your doctor may call this malaise)
Factors that may increase your risk of rheumatoid arthritis include:
- Family history
- Environmental Exposures
Rheumatoid arthritis increases your risk of developing:
- Rheumatoid nodules
- Dry eyes and mouth
- Abnormal body composition
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Heart problems
- Lung disease
Diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis:
- Physical Exam: During the physical exam, doctor generally check joints for swelling, redness and warmth. He or she may also check your reflexes and muscle strength.
- X-rays to help track the progression of rheumatoid arthritis in joints over time.
- MRI and Ultrasound tests to examine the severity of the disease in your body.
- Blood Investigations: Elevated ESR, CRP, RA Factor indicates the presence of an inflammatory process in the body.
Ayurveda aspects of Rheumatoid Arthritis:
Ayurveda understands Arthritis as a joint problems associated with poorly-nourished joints or low bone density and overall weakness in the joints leading to degeneration of bones and immobilization of the joints. Arthritis is associated with a toxic overload in the joints, and is the result of too many toxins in the body. As Toxins accumulates in the joint, causing stiffness and heaviness observing swollen and painful joints.
Ayurveda Treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis:
Ayurveda program addresses the root cause of the joint pains by improving person’s circulation, metabolism, and ability to absorb food so that the bone tissue receive enough nourishment and increases the llubrications in the joints.
With a holistic approach comprising of detoxification process, restricted diet, healthy lifestyle, medicines and therapies degenerative joint conditions is improved.
Ayurveda Therapies for Rheumatoid Arthritis:
- Panchkarma Therapy: The holistic detoxifying process focuses on removal of the accumulated toxins and maintain balance of the energies that govern all biological functions.It aims to strengthen and rejuvenate the bones restoring flexibility and mobility of the joints by reducing the redness and inflammation.
Oleation Therapy: In Oleation Therapy, warm medicated oil is poured on the body with continuous and slow massage. This Ayurveda therapy is effective in reducing inflammation, muscular pain, and rheumatic complaints. It improves circulation by causing vasodilatation.
- Purgation Therapy: By placing fresh medicated poultice cloth soaked in medicated oil over the affected part of the body helps in relieving inflammation and relaxing the muscles.
- Ayurveda Medicines: Administration of oral medicines and medicated oil act on degenerative tissues to improve anti-inflammatory response and helps to build new tissues in the affected area. Ayurveda medicines for increasing metabolism and digestion are recommended to help in removal of accumulated toxins and increase penetration beneath the tissues.
- Yoga : Yoga focuses on balance and alignment to improve biomechanical imbalances that create stress on the joints. Yoga movements and mild exercises helps to strengthen the bones and improve the flexibility of the muscles.
- Detox Diet for Rheumatoid Arthritis: There are various detox cleanses used for different types of arthritis. Water fasting is sometimes prescribed as a way to eliminate toxins. The length of the fast depends on your strength, health, and the season and location. There are also detoxification diets using mainly vegetables, juices, spices, and herbs. These cleanses typically last until the body shows certain signs that the fire is burning strong again. For example, return of appetite, loss of fuzzy white coating on the tongue, and a feeling of lightness all indicate that the cleanse is complete.
- Heat Therapy: Using a steam room or sauna can help to expel impurities from the body. Heat can also be applied directly to the afflicted areas for relief.