What is Prostate Cancer
- Prostate cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in men.
- Prostate cancer is cancer that occurs in the prostate — a small walnut-shaped gland in men that produces the seminal fluid that nourishes and transports sperm.
- Prostate cancer that’s detected early — when it’s still confined to the prostate gland— has a better chance of successful treatment.
A high time to look for the best cancer hospitals of India when these signs and symptoms occur:
- Trouble urinating (pain when passing urine)
- Frequent urination
- Weak or interrupted urine flow or the need to strain to empty the bladder
- New onset of erectile dysfunction
- Blood in the urine and semen
- Bone pain
- Discomfort or pain when sitting, caused by an enlarged prostate
- Change in bowel habits
All of these symptoms can be caused by a variety of things besides prostate cancer, so experiencing any doesn’t necessarily mean have prostate cancer. However, if the symptoms occur frequently then a doctor of a cancer hospital should be consulted.
- The patient would require to undergo detailed Physical & clinical at evaluations which will include Blood Tests, DRE and PSA.
- Prostate cancer is diagnosed leading cancer hospitals in India through these methods:
- Digital rectal exam (DRE): It helps detect lumps, asymmetries and the size of the prostate.
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA): It is a blood test that looks for a protein that the prostate generates.
TYPES OF PROSTATE CANCER
- Acinar adenocarcinoma
- Adenocarcinomas are cancers that develop in the gland cells that line the prostate gland. They are the most common type of prostate cancer. Nearly everyone with prostate cancer has this type.
- Ductal adenocarcinoma
- Ductal adenocarcinoma starts in the cells that line the ducts (tubes) of the prostate gland. It tends to grow and spread more quickly than acinar adenocarcinoma.
- Transitional cell (or urothelial) cancer Transitional
- cell cancer of the prostate starts in the cells that line the tube carrying urine to the outside of the body (the urethra). This type of cancer usually starts in the bladder and spreads into the prostate
- Squamous cell cancer
- These cancers develop from flat cells that cover the prostate. They tend to grow and spread more quickly than adenocarcinoma of the prostate.
- Small cell prostate cancer
TREATMENTS FOR PROSTATE CANCER
- Some types of prostate cancer grow slowly. In some of these cases, monitoring is recommended. Other types are aggressive and require radiation, surgery, hormone therapy, chemotherapy or other treatments.
- If Biopsy results in benign then the patient may need TURP and If the biopsy results malignant then the patient may need Radical Prostatectomy.
- Transurethral Resection of Prostate (TURP)-Reduces the size of the prostate gland by removing prostate tissue through the urethra.
- Radical Prostatectomy Surgery- Surgical procedure to remove the cancerous part of prostate gland so that patient can be freed from cancer
- Radiation therapy in Prostate Cancer Treatment is usually given after surgery to lower the chance of the cancer relapse coming back.
- Radiotherapy: Radiotherapy uses controlled doses of radiation to kill cancer cells.
TREATMENT AND SURGICAL OPTION FOR LOCALIZED PROSTATE CANCER
TENTATIVE COST FOR PROSTATE CANCER TREATMENT IN INDIA
The best prices for Prostate cancer are listed below. This is the average cost of Prostate Cancer treatment in top-ranked hospitals in India. It may vary from person to person, depending on the patient’s condition – like age, diabetes, hypertension, etc.
|Treatments||Cost in USD|
|Medical Evaluation||USD 700|
|Cost of Surgery||USD 4500|
|Hormone Therapy if needed||USD 3000|