Back pain is very common and all of us experience it at some point in our lives. But have you ever wondered that your back pain could be a sign of a life-threatening condition? After popping a painkiller if you still feel pain in your back then you need to consult doctor immediately. There are various diseases that can be the reason behind your back ache and which you need you take seriously.
Most Back Pain Doesn’t Require Surgery
Possibility is, you can reduce your back pain without going under the knife or laser. Ayurveda treatment is helpful in reliving back pain and can keep it from coming back, too.
What do you mean by back pain?
Back Pain: Pain felt in or along the spine or musculature of the posterior thorax. Back pain is not a disorder. It’s a symptom of several different types of medical problems. Back pain can have many reasons, but often no specific cause will be found and the pain will stop.
Symptoms of Back Pain
- Muscle ache
- Shooting or stabbing pain
- Pain that radiates down your leg
- Pain that worsens with bending, lifting, standing or walking
- Pain that improves with reclining
Causes of Back Pain
- Muscle or ligament strain
- Bulging or Ruptured Disks
- Skeletal Irregularities
Risk Factors of Back Pain
- Lack of Exercise
- Improper Lifting
- Psychological Conditions
Diagnosis of Back Pain
- MRI or CT Scans
- Blood Tests
- Bone Scan
- Nerve Studies
Ayurveda Treatment for Back Pain
In the Ayurveda approach of back pain, the main objective is to bring the vitiated bio-elements back to the state of equilibrium and to the state of health. For treating low back pain, internal as well as external treatments are done. Herbal preparations are administered internally. Daily purgation is recommended to restore the vitiated bio-elements to the state of normalcy.
Ayurveda Therapies Commonly Used For Back Pain Relief
- Oleation Therapy: A full body massage (Head to Toe) done with Ayurveda medicated oils. It relieves pains and aches in the joints by lubricating the same, improves blood circulation and channelizes nerve ending. This massage is called Abhyangam.
- Back Pain Dough Therapy or Kativasti : In this therapy, specially prepared warm herbal oil is poured over the lower back and retained inside a well created using black gram paste or whole wheat flour. It is helpful in lower back conditions like lumbar spondylosis, inter-vertebral disc prolepses, lumbago (low back ache), and sciatica. The therapy is also known as kativasti.
- Sweating Therapy: This therapy involves squeezing of warm medicated oil onto the body of the patient from a piece of cloth that is periodically soaked in a vessel containing the medicated oil. It helps improve muscle tone and strengthen them there by providing the much needed support.
- Poultice Therapy or Potli Massage: In this Ayurveda therapy, powders, herbs, rice, sand tied in a muslin cloth to make small satchels. These powders, herbs, rice or sand sacks are then heated and lightly pounded over the body or specific parts of the body as needed. This process provides dry heat for aggravated bio elements conditions. The heat generated in poultice helps to pacify the aggravated bio elements thus relieving the associated pain immediately.
- Medicated Enema Therapy: This therapy involves enema using medicated decoction. It is used to treat lower backache, gout and rheumatism.
- Yoga Therapy: The goal of Yoga therapy for low back pain is relief from pain and functional limitation caused by a chronic lower back disorder. This is achieved by minimizing, healing, and ultimately correcting underlying physical malfunctions through a series of anatomically correct postures.
Things to be avoid during treatment:
- Long driving ❌
- Cold food & Beverages ❌
- Heavy Lifting ❌
- Long Standing ❌
- Bitter, Astringent & pungent food ❌
- Sleeping on bad mattress ❌
- Wearing high heels ❌
Ayurveda Hospitals for treatment of Back Pain –
- Jivagram – Jivagram is Ayurveda Hospital in Faridabad. Know more about Jivagram.
- AyurVaid Hospital – You can access Ayurvaid Hospital in Bangalore, Kochi, Gurgaon and Kalmatia. Know more about AyurVaid Hospitals.
- Somatheeram – Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort is based in Malabar Beach, Kerala. Know more about Somatheeram.
- Kairali Ayurveda Group – The Kairali has many resorts across India. They all have super facilities. Know more about Kairali Ayurveda.
Frequently asked questions -
1. How does Ayurveda Treats Back Pain.
Ayurveda uses a combination of therapies to treat backpain. These are excellent replacement of modern day surgeries and are best suited for those who wish to avoid a surgery right now. These therapies gives long term relief. The commonly use combination of therapies are –
2. How long does it take to get treated ?
It takes 2-3 weeks to get significant relief in back pain with Ayurveda Therapies. These therapies are delivered in sequence. If you chose to get admitted in Ayurveda Hospitals, you will get best results on your back pain. HBG Medical Assistance has some of the best hospitals which offer treatment for complete relief from back pain.
3. Can I take the treatment at Home?
Yes. You can take Ayurveda Therapies at Home. HBG Medical Assistance, currently offers this service in Gurgaon.
5. Can Ayurveda Treat Acute Backpain which has been recommended for surgery?
Yes, Ayurveda can give long term relief for acute and severe back pain caused by disc bulge and disc protrusion. One may take some extra therapies to recover but definitely one will better with the Ayurveda Therapies for back pain. Not only you can avoid a surgery but you may get treated non surgically.
6. What is reason for upper back pain or neck pain?
Neck pain or upper back pain be caused by wrong postures, muscle spasms or disc related problems. This too can be treated with usual back pain therapies such as Katibasti.
7. Which are top recommended Ayurveda Hospitals for Spinal Disorder treatment ?
Though there are many good hospitals in India for Ayurvedic Treatment of backpain. But we do recommend Ayurvaid Hospitals, Jivagram, Kairali Ayurveda Group and Somatheeram. If you are in Gurgaon, we can suggest treatment of Back pain at comfort of your home.