Ayurveda is a Vedic science which, like yoga, has only one purpose: to expose the illusion and neediness of the mind and become free.
Ayurveda is the science that seeks to free you of all that, and let the real, delicate, vulnerable and powerful “truth of you” out so you can be fully content with just being you.
More than a mere system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life (Ayur = life, Veda = science or knowledge). It offers a body of wisdom designed to help people stay vital while realizing their full human potential. Providing guidelines on ideal daily and seasonal routines, diet, behavior and the proper use of our senses, Ayurveda reminds us that health is the balanced and dynamic integration between our environment, body, mind, and spirit.
Meditation is just one of the most powerful tools the ancient Ayurvedic physicians prescribed for balancing the mind and body. Ayurveda also offers many other practices for expanding self-awareness and cultivating your innate state of balance. Here are a few of the most important aspects of the Ayurvedic approach and suggestions for applying them to create perfect health in your own life:
There is a treatment for Autism in Ayurveda.
Through there is no known treatment for Autism in modern medicine.
Autism is a neuro biological pervasive developmental disorder (PDD) characterized by
- Severe deficiency in social skills, behavior and reciprocal social interactions
- Difficulty in language, arrangement of words and non verbal communication and
- Intellectual and congenital deficits. (cannot identify or remember the names and nature of things around him)
The set of symptom varies with age at onset, severity and intellectual level. Onset is usually in 1 to 2 years with failure to progress with age.
Ayurveda treats Autism with Panchakarma (5 stepped process)
Ayurveda belives that autism is caused by hormonal toxic imbalance in body and brain. In 5 stepped process-Ayurveda targets detoxification and rejuvenation of natural processes in the body:-
- Oleation therapy (Snehana) – with herbal oils like Chandan bala lakshadi oil.
- Fomentation therapy (Swedana)
- Emesis therapy (Vamana)
- Purgation therapy (Virechana)
- Medicated enema therapy (Basti)
- Pinda sweda
- Balancy diets and drinks to provide body with necessary ingredients
- Ayurveda Diet For Autistic Children
- Cow’s milk
- Pulses like green gram and red gram
- Fruits like apple, mango, amla, pomegranate, carrot, pear, etc.
- Fats like Olive oil and clarified butter (ghee) from cow’s milk or medicated ghee.
Avoid junk food, oily and spicy food, stale food, cold drinks, groundnuts, sago, curd, cheese, desserts, coffee, meat, alcohol, vegetables like potato, brinjal, sweet potato, etc.
Give boiled water to drink whenever thirsty. ¼ cup of yogurt to ¾ cups of water blended with cumin, coriander, and ginger. This freshly prepared buttermilk is a good drink. Diluted fresh pomegranate juice should be taken daily if possible
- Ayurveda Diet For Autistic Children
- Ayurvedic Medicine for treatment and healing
- Bacopa monnieri (Bragmi)
- Asparagus racemosus (Shatayari)
- Withania Somneifera) (Ashwagandha)
- Clitoria ternatia (Shankhapushpi)
- Centella asiatica
- Tinospora cordifolia (Guduchi)
- Emblica officinalis (Amalaki)
- Cyperus rotundus(Musta)
- Centella asiatica (Mandukparni)
- Glycerrhiza glabra (Yashtimadhuk)
- Nelumbo nucifera (Padmak)
- Acorus calamus (Vacha)
- Yogic Rehabilitation to increase balance in body parts and reduce spasticity
Yoga as a form of exercise can be used in autistic children by addressing their physical and sensory issues. The practice of yoga improves muscle strength, tone and helps children to become aware of their placement of arms, legs and feet in comparison to the rest of their body. The additional physical strength also helps to improve coordination.
Breathing Exercises: Breathing Exercise can also be very helpful. Alternate Nostril Breathing (Anuloma Viloma)is easy to practice This exercise affects your autonomic nervous system (the one we have no conscious control over). The mind is being used directly to regulate the breath, allowing the body to learn to self-regulate. Being centered has to do with balancing the energy on the left and right sides of the body, an important part of self-healing.
Ayurveda Meditation Treatment :- Ayurvedic neuro medical management to increase brain function and nerve stimulation
So Hum meditation is another way for children with autism to quell aggression by calming the mind and body. It utilizes deep breathing and repeating of the word “hum” to expand consciousness and promote relaxation and self-awareness. While So Hum meditation is most effective when completed in 20 to 30 minute sessions, many patients with autism will need to start with one or two minute sessions, increasing in length as they are able.