The Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre is one of the oldest tertiary care, multi-specialty Trust hospitals of the country. In the late 60s, when the establishment of large private hospitals was not common, the institution was conceptualized & endowed to the city of Mumbai by Seth Lokoomal Chanrai. Seth Chanrai came from a family of philanthropists who had businesses in many countries. The family had already supported many small & large projects. Seth Lokoomal entrusted Dr. Shantilal Mehta the task of establishing an ultra-modern centrally located medical centre where people of all races and creeds could receive the benefits of advanced health care. Jaslok Hospital is situated at Dr. G Deshmukh Marg, Peddar Road which is a main artery of South Mumbai and overlooking the Arabian Sea. The name Jaslok was derived from the names of Seth Lokoomal & his wife Smt. Jasotibai. Seth Chanrai’s vision was implemented and brought to reality largely by his Brother-in-law Dada Mathradas Assomull. The hospital was inaugurated on 6th July 1973 by the erstwhile Prime Minister Mrs. Indira Gandhi. Jaslok Hospital has Research activities going on in various fields in collaboration with other institutions in India & abroad. More importantly, the hospital has evolved into a tertiary referral centre for providing treatment for advanced, complex problems. It is a training institution as well. It attracts patients not only from Mumbai but all parts of Maharashtra, other States and abroad. Prominent citizens from all over the country have availed of the advanced facilities at the Jaslok Hospital.
Locations – Jaslok Hospital is present in – Mumbai.
Nanavati Hospital has following main departments-
- Oncology Treatments – Jaslok Hospital Centre of Excellence in Oncology –Read more about Cancer Treatment in India – click here
- Haematology & Bone Marrow Transplant – Jaslok Hospital Centre of Excellence in Haematology & Bone Marrow Transplant –Read More about Bone Marrow Transplant in India – click here
- Cardiac Treatments – Jaslok Hospital Centre of Excellence in Cardiac Sciences –Read More about Cardiac surgeries In India- Click here
- Neuro Sciences – Jaslok Hospital Centre of Excellence in Neuro Sciences – Read more about Neurosurgery in India – Click Here
- Spine Treatments – Jaslok Institute of Spine Treatments –Read more about spine surgeries in India – Click here
- Orthopedic Treatments – Jaslok Institute of Orthopedics – Read more about Knee Replacement in India – click here
- Nephrology & Kidney Transplant – Jaslok Hospital Centre of Excellence in Renal sciences – Read More about Kidney Transplant in India – Click here
Know more about Jaslok Hospital – https://www.slideshare.net/Nandita1403/jaslok-hospital-in-mumbai-india
Important News about the hospital – Mumbai doctors at Jaslok Hospital performs rare brain Surgery.