What is Liposuction (Body Fat Removal)?
Liposuction is a surgical procedure using a suction technique for removing fat from certain body regions which include the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms and neck. These areas are also shaped by liposuction. A hollow tool known as a cannula removes the fat. This is positioned underneath the skin. The cannula is attached with a strong high-pressure vacuum.
What are the symptoms leading to doctor’s recommending – Liposuction (Body Fat Removal)?
- Liposuction can be recommended to people who have accumulated excess fat in the body but have BMI less than 30
Evaluations for Liposuction (Body Fat Removal)
- Blood tests
- CT scan
- Anesthesia clearance
- Physical Examination
Liposuction (Body Fat Removal) Procedure
Types of liposuction:
- Tumescent liposuction – This is the most usual liposuction form. A salt-water blend that helps the fat extraction, anesthetic to alleviate pain and a drug that leads vessels of the blood to narrow in the region infected is injected by the surgeon. The fluid mix creates swelling and stiffness in the impacted region. The surgeon then cuts the skin, and inserts a tiny tube under the skin, called a cannula. This cannula is combined with a vacuum that sucks the body’s fat and fluids. The fluid of the body can be replenished via an intravenous (IV) line.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction – Often this sort of liposuction is used with traditional liposuction. The surgeon inserts an ultrasonic energy rod under the skin during UAL. It breaks off the fat cell walls and decomposes the fat to facilitate removal. Liposuction utilizes a skin contouring device that can help decrease the likelihood of skin injury.
- Laser-assisted liposuction – The high-intensity laser light is used to break down fat for extraction. A laser fiber is inserted into the skin by a tiny incision and emulsified by the surgeon. Then a cannula removes the fat.
- Power-assisted liposuction – This sort of liposuction utilizes a cannula moving quickly back and forth. This vibration makes it easier and quicker for the surgeon to extract fat. It can occasionally lead to less pain and inflammation and can enable the surgeon to extract fat more precisely. If big amounts of fat are to be removed or if you have a prior liposuction procedure, the surgeon may pick this method.
|Hospital||City||Estimated Cost of Investigations||Estimated Cost of Procedure*|
|W Pratiksha Hospital||Gurugram||USD 400-500||USD 3000|
|Artemis Hospital||Gurugram||USD 400-500||USD 3500|
|BLK Super Specialty Hospital||New Delhi||USD 400-500||USD 3500|
|Jaypee Hospital||Greater Noida||USD 400-500||USD 3500|
|Fortis La Femme Hospital||New Delhi||USD 400-500||USD 3900|
|Apollo Spectra Hospitals||Mumbai||USD 400-500||USD 3500|
* Maximum 7-8 litres fat can be removed per sitting from a given area. The costs given are per sitting.