What is a Cataract?
Cataracts are cloudy, usually transparent areas within the lens. It is the leading cause of loss of vision of people over 40 years of age and the major cause of global blindness. Read More
Treatment for Cataracts:
The doctor uses local anesthesia in the region surrounding the eyes during cataract surgery. Cataract procedure includes the removal of the cloudy lens and its substitution with a clear artificial lens. The intraocular lens is placed in the same location as the natural lens. The use of ultrasound waves for breaking down the lens and separating the pieces is part of a surgical technique called phacoemulsification.
Cataract Surgery starts from USD 900 in India.
|Hospital||City||Cost of Investigations||Cost of Surgery|
|Sharp Sight Hospital||New Delhi||USD 300||USD 900 per eye|
|W Pratkisha Hospital||Gurugram||USD 300||USD 950 per eye|
|Artemis Hospital||Gurugram||USD 300||USD 1000 per eye|
|BLK Super Speciality Hospital||New Delhi||USD 300||USD 1100 per eye|
|Jaypee Hospital||Greater Noida||USD 300||USD 1000 per eye|
Types of Cataracts:
- Subcapsular Cataract – At the back of a lens is a subcapsular cataract. Diabetes people or people who take high doses of steroid medicines are more likely to develop subcapsular cataracts.
- Nuclear Cataract – In the central lens region, a nuclear cataract shapes deeply. Nuclear cataracts generally relate to aging.
- Cortical Cataract – A cataract is described by the white, wedging opacities that begin at the lens periphery. The lens cortex is the component of the lens around the central nucleus and is the sort of cataract that develops.
Symptoms leading to the doctor’s recommendation – Cataract Surgery?
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Blurry vision
- Trouble seeing at night
- Seeing colors as faded
- Double vision in the affected eye
Evaluations for Cataracts:
- Retinal exam
- Slit-lamp examination
- Visual acuity test