What is Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a severe blindness-causing eye disorder. The optic nerve is damaged which brings data from the eyes into the brain’s visual center. Any such damage may lead to permanent loss of vision. This generally occurs if fluid grows on the front of the eye. This additional fluid raises the pressure in the eye and damages the optic nerve.
What are the symptoms leading to doctor’s recommending – Glaucoma?
- Peripheral vision is gradually lost
- Blurred vision
- Lights seem to have around them extra halo-like glows
- Severe eye pain
Evaluations for Glaucoma
- Visual field test
Treatment for Glaucoma
In order to enhance drainage of fluid into the eye and lower pressure, the following methods are:
- Trabeculoplasty – A beam laser is used to release blocked drainage canals to facilitate the drainage of the fluid within the eye.
- Viscocanalostomy – This can be done if nothing else, along with laser procedures, works. The eye canals are open to enhance the drainage of fluid.
- Aqueous Shunt Implant – The tiny silicone tube is placed into the eye to assist it drain fluids faster. This choice is often used for kids or with secondary glaucoma.
Acute angle-closure glaucoma – A laser procedure generally produces a small hole in the iris which enables fluids to enter the trabecular meshwork, which is called iridotomy.
|Hospital||City||Cost of investigations||Cost of Surgery|
|Sharp Sight Hospital||New Delhi||USD 300||USD 900 per eye|
|W Pratkisha Hospital||Gurugram||USD 300||USD 950 per eye|
|Artemis Hospital||Gurugram||USD 300||USD 1000 per eye|
|BLK Super Speciality Hospital||New Delhi||USD 300||USD 1100 per eye|
|Jaypee Hospital||Greater Noida||USD 300||USD 1000 per eye|