When you think of turmeric, a tasty curry dish might come to your mind, but hold that thought! Turmeric contains a wide range of antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-carcinogenic, anti-mutagenic and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric is full of many healthy nutrients such as protein, dietary fiber, niacin, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, sodium, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium and zinc. Due to all these factors, turmeric is often used to treat a wide variety of health problems and often referred to as ‘The Queen of spices’.
TOP 11 Health Benefits of Turmeric:
- PREVENTS CANCER – Turmeric stops the growth of existing prostate cancer and even destroys cancer cells.
- RELIEVES ARTHRITIS – The anti-inflammatory properties in turmeric are great for treating both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- CONTROL DIABETES – Improves glucose control and increases the effect of medications used to treat diabetes. Another significant benefit is turmeric’s effectiveness in helping reduce insulin resistance, which may prevent the onset of Type-2 diabetes.
- REDUCES CHOLESTEROL LEVEL – Research has proven that simply using turmeric as a food seasoning can reduce serum cholesterol levels.
- IMMUNITY BOOSTER – High antioxidant value in turmeric boosts the immune system. Turmeric is antiseptic and kills yeast and parasites when used internally. If you do get a cold, a cough or the flu, you can feel better sooner by mixing one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk and drinking it once daily.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT – Turmeric powder can be very helpful in maintaining ideal body weight.
- PREVENTS LIVER DISEASE – Turmeric is a kind of natural liver detoxifier. The liver detoxifies the blood through the production of enzymes and turmeric increases the production of these vital enzymes.
- HEALS WOUND – Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent and can be used as an effective disinfectant. If you have a cut or burn, you can sprinkle turmeric powder on the affected area to speed up the healing process.
- IMPROVES DIGESTION – Many key components in turmeric stimulate the gallbladder to produce bile, which then improves digestion and reduces symptoms of bloating and gas. Also, turmeric is helpful in treating most forms of inflammatory bowel disease including ulcerative colitis.
- (Kindly note*: People suffering from any kind of gallbladder disease should not take turmeric as a dietary supplement as it may worsen the condition. It is best to consume turmeric in raw form when suffering from a digestive problem.)
- PREVENTS ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE – Brain inflammation is suspected to be one of the leading causes of cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease. Turmeric supports overall brain health by aiding in the removal of plaque build-up in the brain and improving the flow of oxygen.
- BENEFITS OF SKIN – Due to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties Turmeric provides quick relief in case of burns, repairs damaged skin, treat psoriasis, clear acne, scars and also reduce the oil secretion by the sebaceous glands.
HBG Medical Assistance, India’s largest medical assistance company assists thousands of people from all over the world to get their treatment done from top hospitals in India. Eminent surgeons/specialists who are known for their experience and expertise are in the panel of HBG Medical Assistance. To know more about treatments in India, visit: www.hbgmedicalassistance.com/treatments/
Send your health related query to discuss with our experts at no cost: [email protected] or call us: +91 9810604028